It has been a very busy 2011 for us at Manse Capital and we felt it might be useful to share with you what we have been up to and how this will affect you going forward.
Firstly we would like to make a few acknowledgements;
- Two of our Director’s Nick and Karl have been awardedChartered Financial Planner status by the Chartered Insurance Institute, which supplements the other benchmark qualification of Certified Financial Planner status they and the other Directors already held under the Institute of Financial Planning, (IFP). The other Directors have committed to achieving this before the end of 2012.
- Manse Capital has just been awarded the prestigious Accredited Financial Planning Firm status by the IFP, for which only some 30 firms nationwide have met the stringent selection criteria.
- Sarah Robinson of our Para Planning team has achieved her Diploma and is currently studying for her Certified Financial Planning paper.
- We have also had the pleasure of welcoming Alex Atkinson, who is rapidly proving his worth as part of our para-planning team.
- Our Senior Para planner Mel is currently on maternity leave, enjoying being a mother, having had a healthy baby boy earlier this year.
- We would also like to thank those of youwho kindly sponsored our team who cycled the new 170 mile coast to coast cycle way in July , (Morecambe to Bridlington) raising almost £2,500 for Teenage Cancer Trust.
What is New for You?
Some of you have already visited our new offices. We are very proud of them, as they represent a major investment on the part of the Directors in ensuring our staff can enjoy a good working environment, you have a convivial place to meet for your reviews when you visit us and we have a permanent base that will meet our business development needs for the future. Part of this move also entailed a major investment in upgrading our telecommunications, data management and disaster recovery. In so doing we can ensure full continuity of service, even if the building were to be destroyed by fire.
The merger of the old Baxter Fensham business with Jon and his team from JPM under the new Manse Capital banner was a major task, which is now nearly complete. It is already starting to show practical benefits, in terms of how we organize our workflow and in improving the personal touches we like to pride ourselves on. Going forward each client will be allocated an individual Client Relationship Manager to support your Financial Planner in looking after you. Their task will be to deal with your day to day requirements and co-ordinate the various aspects of your annual reviews and ad hoc enquiries.
In recent years, many in the Financial Services industry have struggled, be it financially or under the weight of the significant impending regulatory burden being placed upon those firms who have not evolved voluntarily over recent years. By way of contrast, we are well ahead of most in the financial services arena, as we started transitioning our business some eight years ago, as the opportunities arose, rather than waiting for legislation to force our hand. Our business has expanded year on year over the last five years, even during the current recession. For this we would like to thank you for your loyalty, honest feedback and for the referrals we have received from so many of you.
Aside from providing the company an even stronger financial footing, the merger and current developments we are undertaking together with the exceptional combined skill and knowledge base we have, will ensure we are well placed to deal with the challenges and opportunities that will invariably face us in the future.
As part of the rebranding, we have taken the opportunity to redesign the documentation you receive from us, with a view to making them all easier to read and understand by using plain English and not jargon. Not least amongst these was a re design of our Investment Philosophy document, which you can view by clicking here. It now tells the story of what we do and don’t do with your money and why we do things in a more readily understandable manner. We have already had much positive feedback about the changes we have made. Should you have friends, colleagues or clients who are worried about their investments and the quality of service and advice they have been receiving, they may find it a useful read. Equally, we are finding our second opinion service is proving quite attractive to those who are dissatisfied with their current wealth management and advice arrangements.